One awesome characteristic of Asians is having a thick skin. Don’t get us wrong, we mean this in the most literal sense: the layers of skin that Asians have are more compact and thicker than other races. Due to this unique characteristic, the collagen in Asian skin is greater, which makes the face age slower as compared to Caucasians. Having a youthful face isn’t forever though, as our skin cannot defy gravity forever. Here’s a secret: a treatment of Profhilo in Singapore can combat skin ageing and make your face look younger longer. Scroll down to find out more.
What is Profhilo?
While Asian skin seems to resist ageing, the way our bodies produce Hyaluronic Acid (HA) – an essential component in keeping the skin looking youthful – eventually becomes less as we grow older. Because of this, you may notice mild fine lines and wrinkles appear at some areas of the face where the skin is much thinner by the time you enter your 30s. This is the best time for you to start getting anti-ageing treatments that work from the inside-out.
Profhilo is an effective treatment used to address skin laxity. This wonder product uses Hyaluronic Acid (HA), which is a natural substance produced by the body that is responsible for keeping the skin firm.
When injected into the skin, Profhilo spreads Hyaluronic Acid (HA) that is 5x more than what other dermal fillers have. As the substance is distributed beneath the layers of skin, it stimulates the body to produce fresh collagen and elastin, allowing the skin to appear more lifted and tighter. You will notice your face to look smoother as the fine lines and wrinkles are banished. In addition, Profhilo also increases the skin’s capability to trap moisture, making it well hydrated.
What can Profhilo treat?
Profhilo can treat the following skin ageing symptoms:
- Crepe-like skin
- Fine lines
- Sagging skin
Where can Profhilo be used?
Profhilo is mainly used on the face, but it can also address skin laxity issues in the following areas of the body:
How is a Profhilo treatment done?
Profhilo is administered into the skin using a small ultra fine needle. The technique that is commonly used for this procedure is called the Bio Aesthetic Points (BAP) method. The BAP method is done by marking five significant areas on both sides of the face accordingly:
- Under the eye / upper cheek
- Nasolabial folds
- Beside the earlobe
This method of injecting was tested clinically with the goal of achieving the desired rejuvenating results while keeping the discomfort felt by patients minimally. Having targeted injection sites proved the efficiency of the Profhilo, hence the BAP technique is the standard for the administration of this procedure.
What are the benefits of Profhilo?
The main benefit of a Profhilo treatment is giving you skin that looks younger and fresher. Imagine taking several years off your face! But aside from that, you can also benefit by:
- Completing a treatment in under an hour. Profhilo is considered a lunch time treatment. You can easily include it in one of your daily routines. Carve an hour from your schedule and step in your doctor’s clinic to undergo the treatment and step out as a changed person! Absolutely no major downtime is needed!
- Getting instant results. You do not only get a swift procedure with Profhilo—you also get results instantly! As soon as your treatment is done, you will notice obvious changes to your face. Your skin will look smoother, firmer, more lifted and hydrated pronto! Profhilo is perfect when you need to glam up real quick before a special event or occasion!
- Enjoying lasting results. The instant results that you will see after your treatment is just the start of the wonders that Profhilo can do to your face. In the course of several days and weeks, the substance will begin to stimulate your body to produce collagen and elastin, which refines the results that you already have. The full effect of the treatment is usually seen two months after completing your doctor’s recommended treatment plan. Typically, a. Profhilo treatment is done in two sessions within an interval of four The results can last up to six months, but this may vary from one person to another.
- Receiving less injections, but more doses of HA than other dermal fillers. Profhilo contains Hyaluronic Acid that is five times more than the content of other dermal fillers, which makes its results more profound. Additionally, you will not need to be injected on different parts of your face or body for more than 10 times as you may experience with dermal fillers. Thanks to the BAP method, the five localised spots on both sides of the face are enough as Profhilo’s entry points to spread through a large surface area and penetrate through the deep layers of the skin.
- Undergoing other treatments simultaneously. If you want your results to be even more dramatic and head-turning, you can ask your doctor to do other aesthetic treatments that can enhance Profhilo’s results. Profhilo can be administered in combination with other anti-ageing procedures, such as laser therapy, dermal fillers, and other skin rejuvenating and relaxing injectables.
Is there an ideal age for undergoing a Profhilo treatment in Singapore?
The age that most skin experts recommend to undergo a Profhilo treatment is within the age of 30 and 50 years old. It is during this period when the initial symptoms of ageing, specifically fine lines, skin laxity, and wrinkles appear.
Is Profhilo safe to use?
Profhilo is generally safe to use. However, women who are breastfeeding or pregnant are asked not to undergo a Profhilo treatment. Also, while Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a natural substance found in the body, there may be individuals who are allergic to synthetic HA. If you are allergic to the synthetic type of Hyaluronic Acid, it is best to look for other aesthetic treatment alternatives that can address your skin laxity problem.
Are there side effects or complications?
So far Profhilo maintains a clear record and has no implications of any side effects or complications following a treatment. You can expect minimal bruising, bumps, or irritation in the areas where the substance was injected, but these are temporary and clear within or after the day of your treatment.
Interested in getting Profhilo treatment in Singapore? Call or visit Veritas Medical Aesthetics.
Veritas Medical Aesthetics
13 Stamford Rd, #B2-35 Capitol Singapore, Singapore 178905
+65 6283 3885
+65 8129 9789